Wednesday

... in a conversation about this blog, of all things!

Since this is my first post, I guess I should give some background info! Wally Arida, the Publisher of ParishWorld has been trying to get me to write a youth blog for the magazine for quite some time now. I admit I had been a little hesitant because although I was very intrigued by the idea - I wasn't exactly sure what to write about. But this morning, he came up with this idea - "today I saw God...."

So I admit that I'd been procrastinating with this blog, using work and school to find reasons not to have time for it. But due to Wally's persistance, I finally did it. It's only now that I realize that it was GOD pushing me the whole time. He was chasing my time, my mind and, most of all, my heart -- which is all He really wanted from me in the first place.

This blog made me realize that seeing God doesn't have to be a big miracle that is obvious. It's really just the simple ways God is shown to me each day. It made me see that God is in EVERYTHING, in EVERYONE, in every conversation we have.

We just have to look for it.



(Click here to view the many wonderful articles that await you in www.ParishWorld.net, America's Catholic Lifestyle Magazine. Be informed, be inspired, be blessed. )


8 comments:

  1. WOW! After reading your first post, I couldn't help but say, "Wow!" What a wonderful first post, Joanna. May the Holy Spirit continue to bless and guide you as you explore the world, searching for God in everything and everyone around you. I'm extremely excited to be on this wonderful journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:50 AM

    I like your blog. I think it's a good thing to also be looking for Him outside the walls of the church. I look forward to your future posts and seeing where else you can find God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Virginia in Boston3:57 AM

    What a great concept - finding God in everyday things! I found Him today in the wonderful smile of my little boy as I was feeding him baby food for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanna:
    Wally is a God carrier. It is amazing how God uses him. You too have taken the first steps toward being a God carrier. "Today you saw God" and we all saw Him through you. Keep Him shining through your self and you and we will never walk alone. I'm glad to have you with us in Parishworld.net.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:10 PM

    Your blog is awesome! I think you are God-send to this magz. You are not only an inspiration to the youth, but to everyone as well. I never realized that we see God in very simple ways in our everyday lives til I read your first post. It is very enlightening! Looking forward to your future posts and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:30 PM

    Thank God for finding Joanna to be an inspiration to everyone. I really enjoyed reading your first post. Today I saw God through you. Keep it up and looking forward for more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:53 AM

    Your blog is truly an inspiration to everyone. It makes me read your first post over and over. As such, it motivates me to find God in everything, everyday, everywhere...

    I can't hardly wait for your next post. God bless you with his strength and wisdom in all your undertakings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. jackie3:08 AM

    WOW!!! I haven't heard a story like this in a long time. I believe that what you say is very true and that we are all victims of life rushing us by and sweeping us off our feet. We do have to really stop and smell the roses as you can say. Good luck with your new journey and I'm glad that you were able to stop in life even it was just for a second.

    ReplyDelete