Monday

...in the midst of my bad day.


The past month has been a difficult one for me. Even blogging took backseat in my life as I had to deal with unexpected hardships and heartaches. I've always thought of myself as a strong person, someone who can get through anything by herself. I still believe that, but I've learned a few things along the way.

To put it simply, things just weren't going right. I changed my college major during my last year of school - I just wasn't sure what I wanted to do anymore (which was hard considering the constant nagging of certain parents). My job was getting more and more busy, leaving little time to spend with anyone. I learned that I didn't know how to manage my money very well. And then, last but not least, a relationship I was very happy in suddenly ended.

It was just not my time. In my sadness, I started to shut people out - the people who loved me enough to care to ask. I thought I could deal with it on my own. But in the end I realized that it's not that I couldn't but that I shouldn't.

My friends listened endlessly, and my family showed their support any way they could (even just by constantly calling even when I wouldn't pick up).

Their love reminded me of the love that God has for us. Even when I haven't talked to Him in forever, or when I pushed Him away - He's always there. Just waiting to listen, waiting to help, waiting to love.

Just when I thought I couldn't handle my struggles on my own, I realized that I didn't have to. Because God is always with me.

(Click here to view the many wonderful articles that await you in ParishWorld, America's Catholic Lifestyle Magazine. Be informed, be inspired, be blessed. )

No comments:

Post a Comment