Wednesday

.. in the eyes of homeless person


I watched as a homeless old man was rummaging for food through the trash can. I was so moved I decided to give him the breakfast I was holding in my hand. He looked at me with teary eyes, eyes filled with gratitude, but mixed shame and pain, and said thanks. As he sulked to the pavement, he hungrily devoured my gift as if he hadn't eaten in days. He was crying as he ate. I turned around and started to walk away but I couldn't hold my tears as I sobbed on my feet. It was at this moment that I felt God's presence. I wish we could do more for these helpless people.
-- Jerome in Santa Monica, CA


(Click here to view the many wonderful articles that await you in www.ParishWorld.net, America's Catholic Lifestyle Magazine. Be informed, be inspired, be blessed. )

No comments:

Post a Comment